Sunday, June 26, 2011

Because I know you're curious.

Four of my favorite things, all wrapped up in a big ol' bow just for you.

1. Pictory.
As a former photography student in London....okay, well as someone who one time took a 3-week photography class in London, I love photos of the place. Even though I haven't been back for quite some time and haven't kept up with what's happening in the City as much as I'd like, I'm still in love.

So when I discovered Pictory, I was excited--to say the least. The photos aren't necessarily the big landmarks, but little things about London that make it London. (Click there to see the stories)

Aside from London, Pictory has lots of other great stories--each story told as a compilation from many photogs. There's something so cool about a group of people coming together to share their stories, literally from their point of view, that are very different but still, in some ways, the same.

2. Sunday mornings.
I've mentioned this here before, but Sunday mornings are one of my favorite times of the week. I go to church on Sunday evenings, which means that I have all of Sunday to just relax. In the wintertime--don't make fun of me for this--I watched the PBS Create channel and knitted. I even watched the Knit & Crochet show. Please stop laughing at me.

I spent this morning on my parents' couch in Greensburg, reading back issues of Entertainment Weekly in sweatpants and a hoodie. What could be better than that?

3. Searching for an apartment.
Okay so this is sort of untrue. Looking for a place to live kind of sucks.

I find a place, it gets taken. "This place is $50 over budget." "That place is a too far away." "That carpet is ugly." "This place smells like cats." "I don't like the layout." You get the idea.

But it's also kind of exciting. This is the REAL adulthood business I haven't experienced yet. I'm making calls (seriously, still a hurdle I'm overcoming), going on visits and figuring out budgets. "It's $100 over but includes water...think it will work?"

It's overwhelming, and we still don't have a place to live, but it's kind of fun. I'm apartment hunting. Visiting places.

I feel so grown up.

4. Amos Lee.
Supply and Demand....great song, great lyrics.



Four weeks down! Next week's post will be this Saturday morning, because I'll be in North Carolina for my niece's birthday/vacation starting Saturday afternoon. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment