Monday, April 23, 2012

Choose joy.

Have you ever had someone tell you that happiness is a choice? That all of those things that make you feel sad, or angry, or hurt only have as much bearing on your life as you let them?

I have. Plenty of times. When things have been good, and when things have been not so good. And I really do believe it. Things can get you down and you can be bummin' all the time, or you can choose to see the good things around you and be happy.

I just finished "Cold Tangerines," a book about celebrating life by Shauna Niequist. In the last chapter of the book, she describes this choice so well. And it's our motivation this  Monday.

"It's rebellious, in a way, to choose joy, to choose to dance, to choose to love your life. It's much easier and much more common to be miserable. But I choose to do what I can do to create hope, to celebrate life, and the act of celebrating connects me back to that life I love."


Inspiring, no? Get out there and create hope. Choose to dance. Celebrate!

(image via)

No comments:

Post a Comment